Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dollar General penny items

Well yesterday I spent the majority of the day at 4 different dollar generals... alot of the summer and spring yellow and white dot items went down to a penny. With all that I was purchasing not only for my family of 4 but my brothers, uncles, friends and their family plus my main goal items to be donated. I wanted my kids to know the real meaning of a blessing. To know how to bless other that may need it and to know how blessed our family truly is. While talking to the cashier at one of the dollar generals as I checked out they said "...TIS' THE SEASON" I wanted to say sooo badly every season is a season to give, not just because people celebrate Christmas. Everyone should give the gift of a blessing everyday. A smile or a laugh can make someones day who was upset. Boom you just helped  someone who was blue. I mean I've been seeing these challenges for November where you say what you are thankfully for. Well how about a month of doing one kind thing a day for random people. I think that would be so buzz worthy to have everyone try and do. It's not about spending money either when saying to do kind things help someone with their groceries, pump an elders gas when it's cold, mow a neighbors yard that may not be able to do it themselves, everyone has heard of the Starbucks Coffee buying the person behind you order there's so much you could do. But for me I'm having my kids go with me to donate different items to 2 safe houses here in our town. Both are woman and children shelters/safe houses. I know there is others but those are the ones we decided to take items to this time. Maybe your dg has items too and you can find something and just give it to any charitable organization. 


Here are some pictures of my finds and process of organizing everything I've gotten.
by the way it's like a tressure hunt looking for certain dot items lol...so happy hunting!






No comments:

Post a Comment