Sunday, November 9, 2014

So here is my current situation. One of my best friends since high school. Over 14 years being friends, now saying that makes me feel so old even though I'm only 28. Well she gave me tons of clothes which I thankful hung up already, after going through my clothes as well. With that when I was choosing what to take from her clothes she was shocked that I didn't want shorts or anything above the knee, no real arm showing fashion unless able to cover up with something, no cleavage showing, no tight fitting garments either and my no cross or holiday themed clothing. I know she understood why but how do you tell people when they offer things to you or give you things you cant use? Is there a way to do it without hurting them or without having to get into detail why you live a certain way? Not saying they can't understand but alot question the unknown the "not norm" not saying what we do are not normal but due to today's society shorter is better more skin less clothes and croses and skulls are everywhere specially on clothing now more than ever. But if ever I'm asked I sure will state why I made my change why I want to live modesty. I'm married for one why do I want anyone looking  at my body but my husband?!? And for my daughter I don't want her to think a guy will only like you because of your body. Your eyes are the window to your soul and your heart and mind. Have people like you and look at you not because of how you dress but because of your entire self beauty. Your beauty within your heart your personality..plus throughout the torah  (bible) it's stated many times of modesty.




Now wit getting all new clothes I Decided to go through my clothing as well so I can give to those who don't have. My favorite to give to is the safe house for women who have been in bad relationships or situations. now think about what you have in your closet do you really wear everything in your closet? Maybe even if just a few items that you find donate them. I dunno about where yall live but here we have donation boxes scattered around the town which is so easy to do u just drop them off and drive on.



No comments:

Post a Comment